Wireless Field Day 7 (#WFD7) is just around the corner and AirTight Networks is pumped about being in the vendor line-up. This is our third WFD and certainly won’t be our last.
You won’t want to miss our session which takes place on Wednesday, August 6 from 13:30-15:30 (Pacific time). Most vendor presentations – including ours – are streamed live at TechFieldDay.com Can’t make it for the live session? Keep calm and view video recordings of our presentations at your convenience.
Not Familiar with Wireless Field Day?
Wireless Field Day (WFD) focuses on wireless and mobility technologies, including Wi-Fi and mobile device management. This unique forum brings together the best independent thought leaders in wireless (referred to as the “delegates”) to discuss pressing issues and technology advancements with key companies in the space.
Wireless Field Day events started in 2011 and now feature two events per year. For 2014, WFD is on a first and third quarter cycle.
You may also enjoy the “WFD5 Balloon Heist”.
What Topics are Covered at WFD?
Wireless Field Day covers many diverse topics that are of interest to our delegates and their audience. In the past, companies have discussed the following areas:
- Wi-Fi access point technology and implementation
- Mobile device management, BYOD, and mobility issues
- Spectrum analysis and site surveying
- RFID and the “connected world”
For WFD6, AirTight had a mostly Managed Services Provider (MSP) themed set of presentations and demos. #WFD7 will see AirTight expand on these topics in more depth.
On The Fly Wi-Fi
In an upcoming webcast episode of On The Fly Wi-Fi, Mike Leibovitz @MikeLeibovitz is turning the cameras around and chatting with Wireless Field Day 7 event organizers Stephen Foskett @SFoskett and Tom Hollingsworth @networkingnerd.
The Delegates have Spoken
In preparation for WFD7, some delegates have questions, make specific requests and also offer up some sound advice.
- In this blog, Glenn Cate explains the relationship between cultural anthropology and Wi-Fi (who knew!) and includes a great list on the who’s who of Wi-Fi. And while we’re on the topic of lists, you’ll also enjoy Glenn’s “And from the “Best Wi-Fi SSIDs I’ve Ever Seen” Department”. AirTight has some interesting SSID plans for Wireless Field Day. Glenn might want to revise his list after WFD7. The #WFD7 countdown in on!
- The Dutch Wi-Fi Fellow, Peter Paul Engelen has some BeNeLux questions which Hemant Chaskar and the AirTight team will be happy to address.
- In his virtual mystic voice, Lee Badman sings his WFD7 predictions in “The Great Wireless Field Day 7 Blog” – even going so far as invoking Mr. Mojo Risin’ and the magical properties of the blue bus. For Lee and the other delegates, we promise a great ride and some Wi-Fi mojo. As for the online viewers, you’ll have to experience the mojo vicariously through the delegate blogs and Twitter chatter #WFD7.
- Jennifer is great at capturing Wi-Fi in action as evidenced in Delta Wi-Fi.
Blake Krone differs from Jennifer in his approach to photos. Blake is the action – can he outdo himself in the selfie and photobomb department? With all the WFD7 Wi-Fi royalty on hand, he should have no trouble finding a memorable opportunity.
- Can you say Cisco groupie?
Focus on the technology
“Each of the sponsoring vendors has unique properties and technologies that set them apart from the competition – let us see those and help the delegates as well as all the video audience to see and experience those features!”
and nothing but the technology!
“If there is anything controversial about your company or products or technology, acknowledge it, and move on. It is all about the technology – that is what everyone comes to see.”
And that’s what we plan to do.
#WFD7: Helium on the horizon?
Are you ready for Lucky Number 7? We are.